Fat Transfer Surgery
(Body, Breast & Face) Austin, TX
Schedule your fat transfer consultation with Dr. Pearce in Austin, Texas, and achieve natural enhancement using your own body fat.
Fat transfer combines two beneficial enhancement procedures in one. Fat is harvested from troublesome areas such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, and back. It is then purified and injected into another area to produce subtle, natural enhancement.
The Benefits of Fat Transfer
- Eliminates unwanted fat deposits
- Provides natural enhancement for the area it is transferred to
- Achieves subtle results
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of fat transfer, feel free to reach out to us at our office in Austin, Texas.Schedule A Consultation Today
Areas Treated With Fat Transfer
- Fat is most commonly harvested from around the abdomen, but it may also be removed from the hips, thighs, and back
- Gentle, fat-preserving liposuction techniques are used to harvest fat
- Eliminating fat from the abdomen can help slim and tone its appearance
- Fat is injected into the breasts to reshape and increase the size of the breasts
- Provides a modest size increase for women who don’t desire synthetic implants
- Often used in conjunction with breast reconstruction to help achieve a better, more natural breast shape
- Fat is injected into the hollows of the face, including the cheeks and under the eyes
- Corrects age-related facial volume loss
- Provides long-lasting volume when compared to synthetic facial fillers
Fat Transfer FAQs
Q. What type of anesthesia is used during fat transfer?
A. Fat transfer can be performed using local anesthesia. However, depending on the extent of fat removal, general anesthesia may be used to ensure patient comfort.
Q. Will there be scars after my fat transfer?
A. Tiny incisions are made at the liposuction site and the injection site that may result in minimal scarring. Any scarring that does develop is likely to fade over time.
Q. How long will my recovery period last?
A. The length of your recovery will depend on which area(s) have been enhanced using fat transfer. During your consultation, your surgeon can discuss more accurate recovery timelines based on your individual circumstances.
Q. Are the results of fat transfer long lasting?
A. There may be some initial volume loss after your fat transfer as the body absorbs some of the grafted fat. However, any fat that remains after six months will provide permanent enhancement.
Q. How significant of a breast size increase can I expect using fat transfer?
A. Fat transfer provides subtle enhancement of the breasts. At Pearce Plastic Surgery in Austin, TX, most patients gain between a half cup and a full cup size increase.